Sunday, January 18, 2009

Open House



I found the inspiration online for the type of open house that I like to do for my class. This is my second year to do this project, and it is really worth the time and energy.

This year, I did full body outlines and my little friends colored in their person and tried to draw a face on it. Last year, I only did from the torso up, that seemed to work MUCH better as it was less time consuming to cut out, and the "legs" didn't curl up on me while I tried to cut them out. This is truly a shimmy shimmy project because it is only for impact when you walk in the door, clearly no one is saving this for an heirloom.

Anyway, tape the "friend" to the chair, and tape the arms to the table. I used rolled up construction paper to make the head stand up. I taped the roll to the back of the head and down the back of the neck.

I place each friend where they are assigned to sit in class. I also have sitting in front of them, their work to show off!

The other thing that I like to do is have a slide show going during open house. Forget the music, it is too loud to hear!

Our school also provides us with out of this world Kristy Cookies for the parents to munch on!

1 comment:

robin said...

Your room is a delight. If my children were small again, I would def. want them in your class. And, you know I can appreciate a good, hard-workin preschool teacher! Keep up the good work. You are making a difference in these little ones' lives!