Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spot the Dot

Sharon introduced Dot to me and I have loved him ever since. I don't think my husband minds!

You take a "Dot" and hold it up wherever you'd like for the children to spot it. It is great for teaching positional words. For example, hold the Dot over your head and the children tell you where it is located. Then you move it all over the place and give them the words that are correct for it's placement, over, under, beside, in between etc.

I am going to use Dot to introduce my friends to our classroom. Dot will "appear" in different centers while the children have their backs turned and eyes closed. When they turn around they try to find him. We all walk (or run!)over to where he is and I will explain the rules for that particular center. I am thinking I will have special "dot" stickers to place on their folders at the end of the school day.

No comments: