Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day

What a wonderful beginning. I have 8 sweet 3/4's this year. This is a little younger than last year, but they are pretty sharp 3-year-olds.

Here's what worked:

Having some play dough out was a welcoming site for them.

Playing Spot the Dot was VERY effective. They really really paid attention to the centers and counted the cut outs that tell how many children should be in each center. They moved from center to center without complaining.

VERY short attention span, so I got out my preschool trick of Pass the Bean Bag.

This is a must for all preschool classrooms. Little toddlers love it and so do pre-k wiggle worms.

They loved my little hand stamps that I gave out for incentives. (note to self, give at end of day so that it doesn't wash off with all the hand washing.)

My favorite thing that we do at our school is give the children a parting gift as they leave on the first day. All of my friends were so surprised and loved the little toy our director picked out. It really ended the day on a positive note for them all.

No comments: