Friday, August 29, 2008

Week 1 Bible Story "Creation"

Using a scissors and paper is a great way to tell bible stories, or I suppose any story. I often make it up, but I did get the original idea from a book by Karen Henly called Snip and Tell.


Memory Verse
Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.

Hook:
Take a yellow piece of construction paper and fold in half, begin cutting out a sun while the children are getting settled into their places.

I begin by having my "grown up" bible in my lap showing my friends the bible and stating that it contains God's Word. I explain to them that God's word is true. I hold out the bible and allow each child to gaze at the pages and see the word of God for themselves. I will do this portion of the bible lesson every time we open God's Word.
Then we pray asking the Lord to be with us as we learn what His Word says.

Begin teaching the lesson. If there's time, continue cutting while telling the story. Example, a cloud, water, tree, etc.

No comments: